Art Adventures is an art therapy experience for individuals held in a group setting. Graduate-level art therapy interns facilitate group discussion and art experientials in school settings and generally work with younger populations.
Our art therapy interns focus on the following areas with group participants:
1. Tapping into their inner resilience and strengths
2. Provide avenues of expression, teaching emotional regulation, in safe ways
3. Connect to the broader community.
Each session targets several objectives. Students will:
• Build awareness of self and the environment
• Explore their feelings and learn to understand them
• Develop a positive self image
• Identify coping skills and ways to comfort oneself
• Recognize personal strengths and weaknesses
• Identify safe and trusting relationships
• Develop a sense of belonging
• Develop personal goals